Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Why I'm Starting This Blog

At one point, I had four blogs. I know. Excessive. It stems from my incessant need for compartmentalization. My first blog, One Man's Liberty, was political. I discussed every and any thing involved with politics, from the Federal Reserve and monetary policy to immigration to drug policies to foreign policy. Some people even read it! (Not many though)

My second blog, Jake's Studio, was about my writing. I posted original stories and reviews of any TV shows that I felt like reviewing along with any TV, movie, or book news I found interesting. Some people read it too. Mainly Russian and Chines bots.

As for the other two, Just 4 U (MIL's and SIL's invitation/fancy stuff business) and Academy of Free Thought (my education blog), I haven't actually posted any content to them yet, and I won't unless my MIL and SIL decide they want to start the website.

What I want to do with The Rantin' Arkansan is condense these blogs into one, plus add other areas. Basically, anything that interests me. I'll discuss politics. I'll discuss philosophy. I'll discuss education. I'll discuss writing. I'll discuss TV, movies and books. I'll discuss sports. I'll discuss family, life, and emotions. I'll post stuff bragging about my son (because he's awesome!), and I'll post stuff bragging about my wife (because she's awesome too!). I promise you that I won't always write like this. I am quite capable of varying sentence structure and syntax. I think.

WARNING: I will piss people off! Sometimes I curse. Sometimes I curse a lot. I'm a market anarchist. I will explain that later. I can be arrogant, indignant, and a complete jackass sometimes (or so my wife says). I hold many unpopular opinions, and I'm not afraid to put them out there. I will not kowtow to politically correct language. But, I also won't try to say things that are mean or overly insensitive. I do ask, when (more likely if) commenting, please don't attack people. I also do not tolerate trolling.

Essentially, I started this blog because I feel like I've got stuff to say, and my wife is tired of listening to me bitch about it all. I look forward to some fun discourse (if anyone ends up ever reading this).

-Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment