Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Justified "Slaughterhouse"

Raylan is a man on fire, going after everyone he holds responsible, on the way to a bloody final showdown.
 
"He didn't know it was a state trooper. He just saw a man in a hat pointing a gun at Boyd." - Raylan

That must be a harrowing revelation for a son to have about his father. I, too, did double-take when I heard it. It will make a man tired. Weary.

Raylan is man who seems to be tired. He looks tired. He sounds tired. He's been fighting ever since he got back to Kentucky.

With Boyd. With Miami. With Lexington. With the Bennett's. Detroit. Limehouse. Granted, yes, he didn't really go out of his way to avoid some of these fights, and Miami is the reason he's in Kentucky to begin with, but the fights were there nonetheless. It doesn't make them any less daunting. It doesn't make them any less exhausting.

They've ruined his relationship with Winona, who is having his child. They've gotten him nearly killed on so many occasions that I've lost track. They've killed really any chance he's ever had to have a somewhat likeable rapport with his coworkers and are probably going give poor Art an ulcer. Or a stroke.

But at the end of the day, while sitting there recounting everything that came fruition from all of these events to Winona, Raylan looked like a man who was just tired of the life he was living. Tired of Harlan. Tired of Kentucky. Tired of his criminal father and family. Tired of driving everyone he loves and/or respects away.

I don't know how many seasons Graham Yost has planned, but I can't see it going past five without Raylan either dead or retired. A man cannot take all the shit that has been piled upon him like Raylan has since he's been back in Kentucky. It's too much.
 
The Episode:

A moment of silence for Trooper Tom. His fate was sealed last episode when he announced he was missing his son's t-ball game.

That was the greatest Raylan/Wynn Duffy scene ever! I think Raylan is the only person Wynn fears as much as Quarles.

Even though Raylan got surrounded by all of Limehouse's men, he was still a bad ass in the scene at Limehouse's restaurant.

I wasn't surprised by Limehouse selling out Boyd to Raylan over Devil, but I was a little surprised about Johnny sellout Boyd to Limehouse over the same thing. He apparently still has some ill feelings over Papa Crowder putting buckshot in his gut. What I did like about this scene is it appears we'll get to have more Limehouse next season, which is a good thing.

The look on Errol's face when Limehouse said he needed to have a word with him was priceless.

Ava is beginning to establish her control over Ella May and probably the rest of the whores. She be pimp slappin'!

I was sad to see Errol get killed, especially because he was trying to protect Limehouse even after he was banished from Noble's Holler. I'm going to miss him.

HE CUT OFF HIS ARM!!! HE CUT ... OFF ... HIS ARM!!! AND RAYLAN JUST PLAYED KEEP AWAY WITH IT!!!

I wasn't surprised that Arlo took the fall for Boyd. I always imagined he saw Boyd as the son he wanted Raylan to be.

Quotes:

"I heard that a cop in a hat got shot. Guess it wasn't you." - Arlo. Oh the foreshadowing.

"Raylan! You just can't come in here and shoot me because you ... you ... you feel like it!" - Wynn Duffy. "Why not? Isn't that the way you guys do it?" - Raylan. That scene was amazing! Olyphant and Burns played it just as well as the rest of their scenes.

"Jesus Christ!" - Wynn Duffy. Did I mention that scene was great?

"Deputy Marshal. I ain't my father, and I don't care to be confused with him!" - Raylan to Limehouse. To say Raylan has some Daddy issues would be to say Texas is hot in the summer.

"Theo, I wanna come home." - Quarles to Theo Tonin. He sounded like the bratty, petulant child as Tonin most likely viewed him. 

"You're not as dumb as a you look." - Art to Boyd. I, too, liked Boyd's use of the word "cahoots."

"You don't threaten me!" - Ava to Ella May. She can be as badass as Boyd and Raylan at times.

"Oh shit! It's a piggy bank!" - Quarles about Limehouse hiding money in the pig. I am going to miss Quarles and his hilarious comments about his observations like this one.

"So long, Boyd." - Raylan. I bet he wish he could say that and actually not see Boyd Crowder again.
__________________________________________________________________

So, what did everyone else think about the finale?

Follow me on Twitter: @Jake_Collin
Like The Rantin' Arkansan on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment